Friday, February 1, 2019

Product Review: Mesh Screen Niqab by Black Crows Boutique!


Assalaamu alaikum everyone! It's been a while, and bi'idnillahi I have LOTS of exciting reviews and collabs coming up shortly!



Our first collaborative review of the new year is with Black Crows Boutique, who gave me EXCLUSIVE access to one of their new designs before they launched their new line, TODAY, on World Hijab Day! Ma shaa Allah what an amazing coincidence! Truly beautiful is the Qadr of Allah al-Alim 'azza w jal! 😊





I received this niqab a few weeks ago and have been wearing it basically every time I leave the house, other than after I had to wash it because my friend kissed my cheek and got chapstick on my niqab (haha!). It's incredibly comfortable, and, REVERSIBLE! Yes this is one of the awesome things about this niqab! Most of my niqabs are meant to be worn a specific direction, but this one appears to be able to be worn either way. The seam work is so beautiful and clean that there is really no visible difference between both sides. What's really nice about this screen niqab is that the screen is actually sewn into the niqab, rather than being a removable screen. This means no having to adjust the screen and no concern with the screen sitting oddly once you flip down your niqab, etc.

The niqab has a nice, thick panel where most niqabs have space for the eye hole. This is because the screen is sewn between a double layer of fabric, making the niqab reversible. It's a nice diamond-eyed shape which reminds me of the screens on Afghan burqas, though obviously this screen is smaller. The niqab itself actually really reminds me of a picture of an Iranian Shi'ite woman during Ashura, wearing a niqab while mourning the death of Hussein, radhi'Allahu 'anhu. It was really moving for me to put on this niqab and immediately have it bring to mind this beautiful image.

The original version of this niqab had a wider mesh, more similar to fishnet pattern. While I wish the niqab still had this type of mesh pattern, I understand that this smaller mesh is preferable to most people. The finer mesh means it is easier for the wearer to see through as the shape of the mesh doesn't draw your eyes' attention. The finer mesh also is really good for light sensitivity, as I've stated in other reviews - on partly cloudy days I don't need to wear sunglasses if I am wearing a niqab with a mesh eye veil.

The niqab is made from the same sort of material used by Sunnah Style and other major brands. I believe they use Korean crepe. This fabric is very soft and comfortable, which makes it perfect for daily wear. The ties on the niqab are nice and thick and long, which makes tying it extremely easy. What is also great about how they sewed in the mesh screen is that it doesn't matter if you tie above your bun or below, it doesn't change the eye shape of the niqab, which is especially useful when it comes to eye veils.

The one major downside to this niqab, I would say, is that it cannot be worn with glasses, at least not with them on the outside of the niqab. Perhaps some would be able to, but I found the sensation of the mesh pressing against my eyelashes to be very bothersome, and since I don't need sunglasses generally while wearing this niqab, I just left them off, while flipping the niqab up in the car to put on sunglasses (car lights are especially bothersome to my light sensitivity).

Black Crows Boutique is giving all of my followers a special discount on their new line! Use the code DISC10 for a 10% discount on your purchase! They make screen niqabs, "make-up" or flap niqabs (for which I've seen really good reviews!), khimur, jilabib, etc. So check them out on Instagram @blackcrowsboutique or Facebook, and also their website once it is open! 
I hope everyone had a wonderful Jummah and World Hijab Day! It is also Freedom Day and Congenital Heart Disease Awareness Day, so here is a picture of me in this lovely niqab and a red hijab in honor of CHD awareness. 💗

EDIT: Website is now open and the entire line is ALL SUPER AFFORDABLE! Alhamdulillah ir-Rabbi il-3alamin!

Jazakum Allahu kheiran,
Sajida.


1 comment:

  1. Titsanium | Titanium | Titsanium - Titsanium | Titsanium Art
    Titsanium · titanium. The Titsanium titanium block – Titanium columbia titanium pants · Titsanium Art · Titsanium Art · Titsanium Art · Titsanium Art · sugarboo extra long digital titanium styler Titsanium Art · ti89 titanium calculators Titsanium Art · Titsanium Art revlon titanium max edition

    ReplyDelete